Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. Curcumin in turmeric has been shown to have anti-inflammation ability, and has been closely associated with the inhibition of colon, skin, breast and gastric cancer. There are more evidence-based health benefits of turmeric:
- Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
- Curcumin Leads to Various Improvements That Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Curcumin May be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer’s Disease
- Curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory, it makes sense that it could help with arthritis.
- Studies Show That Curcumin Has Incredible Benefits Against Depression
- Curcumin May Help Delay Ageing and Fight Age-Related Chronic Diseases
Turmeric is not easy for your body to absorb. So it’s essential to find an effective way to integrate turmeric into your diet to get its super benefits for health.
According to a study published in the International Journal of Food Science and Technology found that the bioavailability of turmeric increased in rats when it was fermented.
Here is a recipe for you to ferment turmeric, which will make the most of turmeric to pacify pain, promote digestion and reduce inflammation.
Ingredients for Turmeric Lime Soda
- 1 cup unpeeled sliced turmeric
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 2 organic lemons or limes (You can also use both lemon and lime)
- 6 cups water
How to Prepare?
Add the turmeric in water and heat to boiling. Let it boil for 20 minutes until the water becomes yellow.
Simmer for another 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool and then add the zest, lemon juice and honey. Transfer to a large mason jar.
Close the lid and leave it in a no sunlight place for 3 days in hot weather. If you are preparing it in the winter, then keep for 4-5 days.
Make sure to stir slightly from time to time. Strain off the fluid into bottles and let it carbonate for 3 days. Then you can put it in the refrigerator. It will last a week before tasting like vinegar.
It will slowly start fermenting. When you are ready to drink it, make sure to stir it properly. Your delicious, anti-cancer tonic is ready.